Friday, August 14, 2009

my first half marathon!

Yup! That's right, I did it!
I ran a half marathon and I didn't die!
A few months ago I signed up for the Provo trail half marathon in hopes to get in shape and to drop some of those unwanted pounds that have seemed to find me since I have been married! I thought it would be a great motivator to get me out and start running. I was a bit nervous because as the race approached, I wasn't training as well as I should have been. My main goal was to finish the race without having to stop and walk. I am proud to say I ran 13.1 miles without taking a break! I am a pretty slow runner so I came in at 2 hours and 25 minutes but hey at least I came in! I felt pretty good until I hit about mile 11. That's when the tears started coming and I had to motivate myself to keep on going! Let's just say seeing Kar's at the finish line was a very welcoming sight! I am so happy that I did it. It was probably one of the harder things that I have done in a long time. I can't wait to do another one in the near future! I just have to give it a while so I can forget the pain I felt a few days after!!!

6 comments:

matesen said...

Yay you! I am signed up for one and am pretty anxious about it, but we will see! I wish I lived close to you-then we could be running buddies!

Callie said...

WOW! I'm impressed! Way to go girl. I would'tve cried too

Natalie Park said...

Oh my gosh! I wish I could say the same thing! I am the WORST runner known to man! My sister does these things and I just can't get motivated to even run a mile a day! It sucks so bad! Congrats! You look awesome!

Beck said...

Your amazing girl. That is awesome that you did that. Some days when I run I think that I could totally do a half marathon, but then all the other days I realize there is no way in HELL I would ever make it. I am sooooooooooooo impressed!!

Alecia and Sam said...

I ran one a year ago and I think my knees are still recovering! Props to you!

Jake said...

I can't believe you ran a half marathon. Way to be! I'm very impressed.