Sunday, November 6, 2011

Snow Canyon 5k.

I have been wanting to do something to get me motivated to work out and loose some baby weight. Well I kind of went a bit over board and signed up for the St.George marathon next year. Gulp! I signed up for the runners series which means you have to run two races in St.George to qualify for the marathon. My sister Jami, my mother in law Connie, and my two sisters in law Kaydee and Kylee all signed up as well. We headed down Friday afternoon to run the snow canyon 5k. I don't know what I was thinking thinking I could run 3 miles without training at all! I literally thought I was having a heart attack. Between the uphills and freezing weather my chest was on fire! I can honestly say my goal was just to finish and that is just what I did. It was a fun little girls getaway! Next time I will train though that is for sure!


1 comments:

Jessie said...

that sounds like me!! i ran a race without training too haha you go girl!! oh, and that is AWESOME that you signed up for the st. george marathon! how are you going to train all winter?? one of my friends lives in texas and wants me to run a marathon with her in march, but i have no idea how to train. if you have some suggestions, let me know and we can be running buddies! :) ps. you looked gorgeous in church today...and your testimony was awesome!