Monday, April 25, 2011

Our Easter weekend

This Easter was spent much differently than what we had planned. As I said in my last post we spent much of it in the ER getting Madden some fluids through IV. We finally figured out what was wrong with the poor little guy. He has viral pneumonia. I know I said in my last post it was ruled out but I guess he was so dehydrated that it didn't show up on the x-ray. We had to go back in on Saturday to do the fluids again. Gosh it is crazy what a little refill can do. He was a total different baby. Friday he just laid there but Saturday we had to get a bit creative and try to entertain a 9 month old for a few hours. Thank goodness for Mickey Mouse and Graham crackers.
 


We spent the rest of Saturday at home just hanging out and watching movies with our little guy. We had to forgo all the family actives we had that day but it was kind of fun just being with our family of 3. We don't get to spend THAT much quality time with each other. By 4 we all had cabin fever and had to get out. Karson's Aunts and Uncles were camping just outside of Nephi so we went up and had dinner. Madden and I spent most of our time in the trailer but it was nice just to get out of our home.

I love these two pictures. Madden hates having the sun in his eyes and will just cover his face with monkey and leave it there.

We woke up and had a little Easter egg hunt  for Madden at our house. We didn't really hide the eggs  but he just enjoyed playing with them all over the floor.




Than I made a delicious breakfast. Kars was very surprised so I had to document it!


Madden was acting much better and was no longer contagious thanks to antibiotics so we headed over to Connie and Georges for our Easter baskets. We all got spoiled.... even the baking baby! Madden found his basket!


(sorry I realize I look huge but we don't ever get all three of us in a picture!)

We than headed over to pooper and papas house for our favorite hunt! During dinner Madden had a code brown and needed a bath. After that we went on our hunt. Madden made out with quite the loot! He came in 2nd for the most money! Wahoo!





I hate having a sick baby but love how cuddly my boy has been! Now that he is feeling a little better he thinks he has to be constantly touching me. Not that I don't love it but I'd like to use the bathroom by myself! I look down and this is what I see. I'm just glad he is on the mend!

It was a great weekend despite the sickness. I love Easter for so many reasons. I love being reminded of the Saviors love that he has for each of us. I am so thankful that he died for us so that we can live with him again. That my little family can be sealed forever. I couldn't imagine living any other way.

0 comments: